This class is currently retired – please email me if you really, really want me to teach it for your group.
Painlessly create beautiful designs with intricate detail, perfect for wearables, blocks, borders or accents. Long flowing, curly borders or pictures with the sharpest points and thinnest lines imaginable are possible with this easy method using fusible web. Combine fabrics such as silk and wool for wearables or stick to quilting cottons tried and true. Give your design that extra punch with the added dimension of trapunto… without all the slitting and stuffing!
3 hour class (technique is learned and project is begun)
6 hour class (project is well on it’s way to completion)
Reverse Appliqué by Machine with Trapunto
Skill level: beginner to intermediate
Sewing machine (zigzag) required
Optional kits available for $25.00
- Zig-zag sewing machine (Oiled and clean, open toe embroidery foot if you have one, smaller needle such as 70/10, 75/11 needle, extra bobbins if you buy a kit!)
- Size 75/11 machine needles
- Small, pointy, sharp scissors
- Paper scissors
- Pencil, Sharpie, White pencil
- darning foot or other free-motion quilting foot for your machine
- extension cord, lamp
- light box
- applique Scissors, pinking shears
- pressing surface, mini iron, rotary cutter, cutting mat
Lyric will provide one design for every student and have additional designs available for $1.00 each.
Buy a Kit from Lyric ($25) no need to reserve a kit in advance
OR Bring the Following:
- 1/2 yd Wonder-Under or other fusible web that is “sewable” (not heavy-weight W-U)
- One fat quarter of dark or light plain fabric
- One fat quarter of fabric that contrasts highly with your first fabric
- One fat quarter fabric for back of quilt
- Batting, two fat quarters. I prefer on piece of Quilters Dream Puff and one Hobbs Heirloom Cotton.
- 1/2 yd light weight tear away stabilizer
- Lightweight thread to match fabrics. If your top fabric is patterned, match thread to it’s darkest color.
Click here to view a printable supply list
You will need Adobe Reader, which is available here for free.
Please see the Hiring Information page if you would like to book this class.