Are you enchanted by shine and entranced by sparkle? Come learn how to add some glittering wonder to your fabric then try some mystery too. Discover the fun of fusible paint and it’s myriad possibilities.
Students will learn various methods of adding shine to fabric including, foil applied with wonder-under, glue, or bonding powder. Glitter will be applied with paint, spray and glue. Students will learn how to apply paint to wonder-under and experiment with its uses. This is primarily a “technique” rather than a “project” class. Students are encouraged to start a notebook of samples so they can refer back to each technique in the future.
Class Length: 3 or 6 hour format
Skill level: All levels
Supply Fee: $10.00 per student
- $10.00 supply fee: includes paints, foils, glues, glitter, etc.
- Plain white or light colored cotton fabric – 10-20 (or more) 8”x10” pieces
- Wonder-Under: 2yds minimum (*not* heavy weight or heat-n-bond)
- Sheer synthetic fabric: chiffon scarves if you can find them: 6-8 8”x10” pieces
- Iron and small ironing board or towel
- Foam paint brushes
- Plastic plate or something to use as a paint palette
- Cups to hold water and brushes
- Metal spoon
- Garbage bag for transporting wet items home and to cover your table
- Paper scissors
- 4 empty film canisters or small containers with lids
- Paper towels
- Other fabrics, any fiber, color, or variety. 5 (or more) pieces, 8”x10”
- Hair dryer
- Teflon pressing sheet
One iron and board per five students.
Access to water.
Please see the Hiring Information page if you would like to book this class.