This class is currently retired – please email me if you really, really want me to teach it for your group.
Students will learn different methods of paint application including: mono printing, stamping, stenciling, and painting with a brush. We will discuss the properties of various fabric paints. Students will observe and try different methods of stamp carving.
Class Length: 6 or 3 hour format
Skill level: all levels
Supply Fee: $15.00 6hr, $10.00 3hr
- 3 or 4 small dyed, solid, or tone-on-tone fabric pieces to print/paint play with
- X-Acto knife with #11 blade
- Scissors, paper and fabric
- Plastic bags in case you need to carry home painted fabric that is still wet
- Notebook and pencil
- Styrofoam meat trays
- Wear old clothes or an apron
- Required $15 or $10 supply fee
- Lamp or magnifying lamp and extension cord
- Linoleum carving tools (not the kind that cuts linoleum flooring!)
- Soft rubber brayer
One iron and board per ten students.
Access to water.
A screen or wall on which to project demonstrations.
Click here to view the full Classroom Set-Up instructions
Please see the Hiring Information page if you would like to book this class.