Mission Accomplished

April 30, 2008
Well, mostly. I wish I had taken more process shots during the dye days but stripping off the gloves, washing off the shoes, grabbing the camera, etc. was just too much work. I “only” got through 100 out of the 150 yards I have available to dye. I did come up with lovely pieces to include in the kits for my students at the Virginia Quilt Celebration. More on that later!

I had several successes with some fun shibori scarves! My favorite got away from me before I was able to get a picture of it. I think that it’s new owner will absolutely love wearing it! I had thrown in a bunch of socks to dye and they all left with new owners too. Fun to see students running around in purple and lime green socks all weekend.
I hope to get some more dyeing done before my June adventures in Charlotte and at the Blue Ridge Quilt Festival.   Now to work! I’ve got a lot of writing to do by the end of the month.

1 Comment

  • Reply
    May 4, 2008 at 1:30 pm

    That looks like so much fun, and the fabrics turned out beautiful. Dying techniques are on my list of things I would really like to learn.

Notice: Undefined variable: consent in /home/lyricki/public_html/wp-content/themes/hawthorn/comments.php on line 49

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.