Uncategorized

New Head Shot

April 28, 2012

The last time I flew out to a guild to teach, the first words out of my hostess’ mouth were “your hair is  LOT longer than your picture.” Poor thing couldn’t find me in the airport. I suppose that means it’s time to update my head shot with the new longer hair.

Whadya think?
I set up the camera on a tripod and took about a million self-timer shots.
This one turned out fine although it doesn’t show off my white streaks as much as I’d like.
I call them my “natural highlights.”

Or I could use one of these – but hubby thinks they have some sort of fish eye thing going one because I was holding the camera too close.
 I like the funky background better – but looking at it now – the focus is bad.

I will not whine about hating my hair here. Or that it took 30 minutes just to get it to look like this. With my spunky short “do” it used to take less than 30 seconds to make it look great. You can read about why I’m not cutting my hair here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 Comments

Stephanie Forsyth
    May 1, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I love the bottom picture!!!

Trouble
    May 1, 2012 at 12:42 am

I love the "natural highlights." I will have to use that. They are all great photos. Personally I like the third one best. Photographing yourself is so hard. Great job!

ringadal
    April 29, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I let me hair grow long again after having it at your length for quite a while. I have to say I like my hair long. I can go to bed with it wet, I can take my wet hair and twist it up and put a shawl pin in it so it looks like a french twist, I can braid it, and I spend almost 0 time on it except when we have a fancy dinner, which is almost never, and then I dry it with a hair dryer. I love my long hair. In the meantime, my fake color is starting to blend with my "natural" highlights. I ended up coloring mine because the grey made my whole face look grey. After 3 years I am sick of coloring it, so we'll see what we get in a few more weeks and see if I don't look like the walking dead….

Janelle
    April 28, 2012 at 3:10 pm

You are a beautiful lady Lyric. I have some of those natural highlights too.

Shirley
    April 28, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I love to see another woman who is confident enough to really enjoy their "natural highlights." I love watching the changes in my hair, and resist every attempt by others to change a thing. Luckily, those that cut my hair always support me!

Jane LaFazio
    April 28, 2012 at 1:43 pm

what a sweetie face cutie pie you are!!

M-R
    April 28, 2012 at 3:49 am

'Natural highlights' is exactly what I call my streaks! My kids don't understand why I have more natural highlights than my mom though. LOL. Your hair looks great – I wish I could wear short hair!

Linda Kittmer
    April 28, 2012 at 2:41 am

The things we do for love! LOL. Lyric, I think it looks great, but I loved the shorter hair cut on you too. I can appreciate the time it takes to style. That's why mine is so short. Lucky for me my husband likes it this way too!