Your small scale textile art will never be mistaken for a potholder again! Come create a small fabric collage, learn some basic design, quite a few beading techniques, and make a small art-quilt. While you paint a canvas and mount your artwork, Lyric will demonstrate a number of different framing and mounting possibilities suitable for any textile treasure you create.
Supply Fee: $10.00 per student
Optional Kit $25.00
6 hour format
$10.00 supply fee (covers canvas and framing materials)
Small shallow bowl or container to keep beads in (“Altoid” type tins work well)
Rubber finger (optional – to help pull your needles… from an office supply store)
Lamp or Magnifying lamp (optional)
Buy a kit ($25) There is no need to reserve a kit. Lyric will bring plenty.
- seed beads: size 11 and/or 15, 1 tube each of 2 colors
- seed beads: size 6, 1 tube
- bugle beads: 1 tube
- cabochon, button (no shank) or flat bead, minimum 20mm diameter
- fat quarter or 8×10 piece of background fabric
- couple of fabric scraps (pre-fused to wonder-under if you’d like to save a little time)
- long applique needle size 11 (I prefer foxglove cottage straw needles)
- batting, fat quarter sized or 8”x10”
- wonder-under, 1/2 yd
- Fabric for back of quilt, 8”x10” or fat quarter
- nymo or sylamide beading thread: to match your beads or background fabric
One iron and board per 5 students.
Parchment or teflon press sheets for each ironing station.
A screen or wall on which to project demonstrations.
Please see the Hiring Information page if you would like to book this class.